Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos Brother-in-Law

In honor of my brother-in-law's 29th birthday today, I will recount my favorite Dave story.

St. John, USVI 2007:
We are all lounging in the pool after a long day of beach and booze. Dave's hair is all mussed up, he's all bleary eyed and sunstroked. Isabel takes one look at him and busts out with: "Look at yourself. You look like that guy. What's his name? Gary.... Gary Busey."* We all burst out laughing. She backtracks and offers this as consolation: "I mean, like a young Gary Busey." Oh that's much better.

So not this Busey:
More like this Busey:
And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree:
* otherwise known as the poor man's Nick Nolte.

Dave, I hope you find occasion today to 'let the Buse loose.'

No comments:

Post a Comment