Thursday, November 3, 2011

Breeder's Cup



This is the end of an era. I am off to the hospital now for my procedure. I am feeling good about it, content that I am making the right decision. I am definitely lucky that I don't feel ambivalent about not wanting to bear any more children. My family is complete and we have been blessed with two healthy and happy children.

As Cory took the kids off to Miss Maria's today, I stood in the doorway and watched as they left. My heart swelled with pride knowing that this body grew those babies, gave birth to those babies, and fed those babies. This body has served me well and for that I am grateful.

Thank you Beatrice and Theo for giving me the chance to be your mama. I treasure forever that moment the nurses put each of you on my chest and I breathed in every last bit of you, knowing that you were mine.

1 comment: