Monday, November 7, 2011

Bob Barker Is Pissed at Me

This post title is a paraphrase of what Cory said to me as we left the hospital on Thursday. The spaying was an epic fail. The doctor wasn't able to do the procedure because I had excessive scar tissue. I was not even aware that this was a possibility so you can imagine how I reacted when she told me this news. The only good thing that came out of this surgery was that I had the most restful sleep I've had in the last 5 years. They didn't give me the full blown anaesthesia, just something to make me take a nap. I woke up damn well-rested. Well rested and still fully fertile. What a kick to the Fallopian's.

When I got home I was achy and crampy. Beatrice was in bed with me while I read her a book. She kicked me while rolling over and I winced, telling her to be careful with my tummy. With eyes as wide as saucers she inquired "Do you have a baby in there?!" Is the universe trying to tell me something?!?

This is officially the last post that will deal with my reproductive organs. I can't make the same promise about Cory's manbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment