Tuesday: Asian Fish and Veggies in Parchment Paper
Thursday: Turkey Pumpkin Chili
Friday: Spinach Pie* (We didn't end up making this last Friday. Instead we had an impromptu date night to The Elephant Walk and to see Win-Win. It was a much needed night out for us.)
*Recipe (yields 12 Servings; For those on Weight Watchers, 1 serving=5 points) Ingredients:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 30 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to remove excess water
- 1 cup(s) onion(s), finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 c. egg substitute
- 8 oz fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound(s) phyllo dough, frozen, thawed according to package directions
- Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add spinach and onion and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 5 to 7 minutes; stir in parsley and nutmeg. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add egg substitute, cheeses and salt and pepper; mix well.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo in and up the sides of prepared pan; coat surface lightly with cooking spray. Top with 7 more sheets of phyllo, coating each layer with cooking spray. Spread spinach mixture over dough and top with 8 more sheets of dough, coating each layer with cooking spray. Roll the overhanging sides of dough into the edges of pan, forming a border.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 squares, almost through to the bottom, but not quite or the filling will leak. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Bake until crisp and golden, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting squares all the way through to the bottom.