- Dear Zachary: A friend makes this movie about his best friend's son so the son will know his father (father is killed). Big twist at end.*
- The September Issue: What leads up to Vogue's biggest issue of the year. Anna Wintour is candid (as candid as she can be.) **
- Rize: Visual overload of kids in south central LA dancing, done by photographer David Lachapelle. By far one of my favorite documentaries.
- Vernon, Florida: The originally intended story was completely different from the documentary Errol Morris ended up making - the back story is as interesting as the odd documentary itself. ***
- Good Hair: Funny and non-judgemental but also posed a through-provoking question: Why is white hair considered "good" and black hair not
- Grey Gardens:Your mind reels watching the cousins of Jackie Onassis live in squalor and trying to figure out how they got there.
- Thin Blue Line: A movie about a man who may or may not be wrongly accused of murder.
*If you are at all in a bad mood or feeling glum, do not watch this movie! It is one of those movies you walk away from feeling sick to your stomach but its worth the watch.
** I really liked this one. Very interesting peek into the magazine and fashion industry. The Devil Wears Prada was based on Anna Wintour, Editor of Vogue.
*** We started watching this last night but fell asleep. It started off slow. I think we'll give it another chance tonight.
Let me know if you've seen any of these or would recommend any others.