Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stuck in the Middle with You

My mom says that Theo looks like Brick from ABC's The Middle. I can see the resemblance. I've never really watched that show. Why is he named Brick?

You know the conversation with my mother was far from straight forward. It went like this:

Mom: Theo looks like that kid in that program.
Me: Oh ya, that kid in that program.
Mom: You know, the kid in Malcolm in the Middle.
Me: I guess he looks like Malcolm.
Mom: No, not Malcolm, the younger one.
Me: Oh, I don't think he really looks like the little brother. That kid was blond.
Mom: Not Malcolm in the Middle, the show with the mother from Malcolm in the Middle.
Me: Oh, I don't know that show. Are you talking about the show with the dad from Malcolm in the Middle?
Mom: Maybe, who's the dad in Malcolm in the Middle?
Me: I don't know the actor's name but the show he's in is Breaking Bad. Are you talking about the son that's handicapped?
Mom: No, he's not handicapped. Well he's weird but it's not a handicap. Wait, it's not the mom from Malcolm in the Middle. It's the mom from that show with the funny guy whose mother is always butting in.
Me: Oh, the Raymond show. (Evidently this not being able to remember TV show names is genetic.)
Mom: Ya, that show.
Me: So not Malcolm in the Middle?
Mom: No, I never said Malcolm in the Middle.
Me: So the mother is from the Raymond show?
Mom: Ya.
Me: Are you talking about that show, The Middle?
Mom: Right, I said he looks like the little boy in The Middle.
Me: I think he looks like Don Louise.

1 comment: