Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Twins

A couple of weeks ago, I was hanging out with my mom and the babies. The following conversation ensued:

Mom: "He [referencing my nephew who was wearing a white hat] looks like someone in that hat."
Me: [Silence... I'm waiting for a little more to go on before I reply.]
Mom: [Silence... I think she's waiting for me to wager a guess.]
Me: "Well, I guess he looks like his father?"
Mom: "I know that. I mean someone famous."
Me: [Silence... I'm gonna need a little more info here. Work with me, mama.]
Mom: "Oh, what's that guy's name? You know, the chef actor. C'mon, you know."
Me: "Um, Mario Batalli. [I'm just trying to make this conversation end. I've already lost interest but I know she won't stop until we figure out this 'someone famous." Maybe in her world my blond, 9 mo. old nephew resembles a 50 year old red-headed, flamboyant, clog-wearing chef? Who knows.]
Mom: "Oh, what's his name with the white hat? Ah, ya, I know. It's ah, oh what's his name. Oh ya, Don Louise."
Me: "I think you mean Dom DeLuise."
Mom: "Ya, that's what I said."

The woman may be nutty but she does have a point. Click here for the proof.

And as I stare at Dom's photo, I note another striking resemblance. I don't want to start rumors but he and the Tax Man may have been separated at birth.
UPDATE: Cory just emailed me this link. Maybe my mom was thinking of him, not Dom? I don't have the energy to get back into it with her. We'll let her think Paul Prudomme and Don Louise are one in the same. R.I.P. Paul Prudhomme. In my mom's defense, I always thought these seasonings were from Dom DeLuise! That drawing looks just like him.

1 comment:

  1. You're going to hell for posting this. Wow these kids are destined for a lifetime of low self esteem! Napolean and Dom friends to the end!

    ReplyDelete