Tuesday, August 3, 2010

House of Stone

As I've mentioned before, our house abuts the Town Forest. From our back windows you can make out a stone facade deep within the woods. Cory and I took the two-minute walk up there the other morning.

This is what we found.



I would love to know the history of this old stone house. I have to start doing some research.

So there's no roof, just the stone sides. There were some beer cans and water bottles strewn about. (Way to go with the water bottles, Junior. Everyone loves a designated driver.) Looks like the youth might congregate there on warm nights. I'd be careful if I were them though because every night at about 9pm we hear a wild pack of coyotes going to town on some cat carcass or something.

Speaking of which, don't you think a pack of coyotes would kill a person? Cory thinks not. If he's so sure, I think he should put his money where his mouth is and test the theory tonight. What a way to go... getting torn to bits by a pack of coyotes in your own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment