Friday, March 19, 2010

A Stitch In Time

Last night we found ourselves in our local ER, getting Cory's stitched up. Earlier in the evening, he was breaking down a lamp that had ended up in the backyard after the Biblical Flood of '10. A couple of the glass lampshades had broken into jagged glass pendants. He was unscrewing the bottom half of the lamp when the pendant caught him in the chin. 3 stitches and tetanus shot later, we were on our way home. Miraculously the whole ordeal only took 1 1/2 hours (unheard of in our local ER.)

I subscribe to the ominous "bad things happen in 3's" so we've hit our quota this week (flood, busted tailbone, stitches.)

In tailbone* related news, I have an appointment on Monday with a physical therapist who specializes in pregnant women. (How would you like that job --dealing with crabby, uncomfortable pregnant women.) My doctor (based on our phone consult) thinks that I may have shifted some cartilage in my sacrum when I sneezed due to the extra pressure from the belly. Ah, the joys of pregnancy.

Luckily, I also subscribe to the "it could always be worse" school of thought. Thank goodness my baby on the inside and baby on the outside are both healthy and thriving.

* I was complaining to my friend about this pain and she asked if 'tailbone' was a code word for my other 'bum-related issues'. Man, I have taken this pain in the ass pun to so many new levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment