Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vaca Recap Part Deux

So where did we leave off, ah yes, my birthday. So after awaking a bit on the sleepy side, I was treated to a delicious birthday muffin and found something else in the bag. A red little jewelry box. there are lots of unexpected things you can find in a paper bag (feces, bugs, barf, etc.) but a jewelry box is never a bad thing! Cory had snuck in a beautiful pair of diamond earrings. I am one lucky broad.

The day continued on a high note with a trip to the beach. It was truly a perfect day, capped off with a gut busting lobster/clam bake. Nothing says Happy Birthday like cracking open a bottom dwellers exoskeleton. I hereby declare that I shall be on vacation for every subsequent birthday. I got a taste of the good life and I'm not going back.

The next day was a bit dreary but we headed to the beach anyways. The kids played in the sand and Beatrice collected seashells and rocks.


The moms left in the p.m. and we hung around. I think we ate more oysters.

Friday was cloudy and cool so we took our annual pilgrimage to Provincetown. Kind of blah this year, nothing jaw-dropping to report. Oh, well there was one noteworthy moment. At the end of the day, Dave and I were walking a couple paces behind Cory who was pushing the double stroller. Two (presumably) gay men walked by Cory and one commented after passing, "Let's hope he's the babysitter." Eyes off the prize, boys, that's my man, not the 'manny.'

Saturday was checkout day. We cleaned up, packed the cars, and and headed off to the beach for one last time. We frolicked in the sand and surf and ate cupcakes. It doesn't get much better than that.

I will officially go on record and say "A good time was had by all."* However, I don't think any of us would report that vacation was restful. The kids woke up at 5:30 every morning and although they were champs with their naps, their waking hours were filled with non-stop action. We project that next year will be easier as they will be a bit older and more self-sufficient. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

What else... oh, the sunburn score.
Dave: 1
Kids: 0And Grandma took our dare and rode a bike. She was not happy with the bike's lack of back pedal brakes. I'm with her-handbrakes are very Lance Armstrong.
The rest of the vacation photos are here.

*This is Cory's famous line that he uses after every event. He is quoting our principal who used to come on the loud speaker Monday mornings: "Thank you to everyone that attended Friday night's dance. A good time was had by all." Uggh, middle school dances. I feel sweaty and awkward just writing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment