Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, My Beautiful Boy

Julian, you turned 1 year old today. As I type this I am thinking about when your papa called me around 8 in the morning to tell me that your mama had come through her surgery and you were with us in this world. When he told me that you were a boy and that your name was Julian, I cried, so happy and so relieved that you all came through the long couple of days in one piece.

Since the day you were born, you've been a gentle soul. I love you more than I could ever have imagined loving a child that didn't come from my very own belly. I love your soft chubby thighs, your thick blond hair, your ocean blue eyes, your dimply little fists, your tiny little toes. I love your calm demeanor, your ability to sleep anywhere, your constant smile. I love your enthusiasm and joy every time you see your cousin Beatrice and Uncle Cory. They may be your 2 favorite people next to your parents (and me of course).

I can't wait to celebrate at least 100 more birthdays with you.




1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! Happy birthday best baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete