Monday, June 22, 2009

P-A-R-T-Y

We had a fun, busy weekend. Saturday we had back to back birthday parties and Sunday we relaxed during a quiet Father's Day. For some reason, last week was soooo long. Maybe it was the dreary weather?

So here are some of the highlights:

  • Clapping as Lilli blew out her candle. Precious girl is already 1 year old. I can't believe it.
  • Hearing Beatrice belly laughing from across the yard at Birthday Party #2. She was going buckwild in the Bouncy House.
  • Being told by a 101 year old woman* to go home and make a baby brother for Beatrice. Sitting between Cory and my mother-in-law during this conversation.
  • Watching Cory 'open' his Father's Day gift. I had our wedding date and Beatrice's name and birthdate inscribed in his wedding band. The best part was that I had it done last week while he thought it was just being cleaned. I put the ring back on him earlier this week. Luckily he never takes his ring off so didn't notice the inscription. I was impressed with myself for being able to trick him. I'm usually the one being tricked.

  • Sipping on Cory's (Now)Famous White Sangria with dinner on Sunday. You should have him make it for you sometime. It's that good.

How was your weekend? Is it wrong that I'm already planning this upcoming weekend? Work is for jerks.

* Said elderly woman is my mother-in-law's boyfriend's mother. We've heard tons about her but never met her in person. It was worth the wait. She was a hysterical little old lady from the North End. Time with her made me miss my grandmother, an equally spunky, foreign, little old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment