Friday, February 15, 2013

Salvaged

We're plastered. The master bedroom is coming together. Now we really need to start thinking about the finishes. I am on the hunt for 2 cool, vintage old doors for the bathroom and closet. Like the kind you find in old medical or office buildings.
 


I need to start thinking practically too. Like storage and closet planning. Where do we want shelves, drawers, etc. Time to get to the nuts and bolts.

Also, I found my new favorite show last night on HGTV, West End Salvage. The use old shit to do cool shit. Got me thinking about an accent wall to add texture/depth to the straight lines in the bedroom. Right now it's looking kind of cold/too modern. Obviously the fact that its empty and stark white is contributing to that but I need to think of ways to warm it up. They did a cool accent wall behind a bed with old ceiling tiles. Anyone have some of those laying around in an old barn or basement. Holla at me if you do.

I also need to figure out the paint color for the bathroom and bedroom. We're doing gray tile in the shower with a gray pebble accent, then dark gray on the bathroom floor. So the bathroom color should be bright to offset the dark, right? Same might for the bedroom, right?  Suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment