Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form of Flattery

I've had this photo saved on my computer for over 3 years., tucked away for a future renovation. Dreams do come true. Dramatic enough for you?

 
A couple of months ago I ventured to LongLeaf Lumber in Cambridge to pour through their rows of redwood slabs. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. Pete, our contractor/cousin extraordinaire, was able to get 2 pieces out of the one slab. One will be for our vanity and another will be to go on top of the media cabinet. Here is one of the pre-treated slabs (and a closeup of the grain.)



Another idea I borrowed from the InterWebs came from this photo.

 
Instead of just doing a boring old accent border, the accent pebble tile will be laid out in an undulating waterfall shape.   It was an intimate moment with me, Cory, and Scott (our other trusty contractor) in the shower drawing out out the template.

My favorite part of the day is rushing up there before their trucks have even left the driveway to see the progress.
 
I should have  finished hallway bathroom photos this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment