Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Avalanche

I'm not looking for this blog to become all about CrossFit but it's part of my daily life so maybe you can tolerate just a little talk about it?

Last night's class was insane. The WOD (workout of the day) gets posted the night before or first thing in the morning. I took a look in the afternoon immediately started getting nervous.

So the WOD was called "Avalanche" and it was for time. You had to do 10 cleans then run 200 meters (outside!) Then 9 cleans and run 200 meters, then 8 cleans and run 200 meters. All the way down to 1. The prescribed weight for women was 95 lbs. I did 35 lbs and that was mighty heavy for me. That's why I love CrossFit. You can scale every exercise and still get an amazing workout. This workout took me 17:57 but it was one of the hardest workouts I've ever done. I never thought I'd actually look forward to running but I did because it was a break from lifting heavy shit. And it was refreshing to get out in the cold air. Let's hope I can increase my weight next time this one comes around.

I am so not an experience or avid runner so I had to look up how many miles 2000M was. It's a little over 1 mile :)

In running related news, this post by Carrots 'N Cake about Tabata Treadmill Workouts was interesting. I don't love running but I think maybe I could do something like this once a week or so.

Also just so you know, I am not completely drunk on the "CrossFit Kool-Aid." There are moments where I wonder "What the fuck am I doing here. I'm paying for this punishment. I am grunting like a mating animal." I'm crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment