Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry, Merry 2011

We had a very, very Merry, Merry. The festivities started on Christmas Eve when we hosted Noche Buena for our family and friends. We did a Latin American themed menu, serving Pollo a la Cerveza (Chicken in beer sauce), Congri (Cuban black beans and rice), Carne Asada, Grilled Plantains, Pork and Chicken Tamales, and homemade roasted poblano salsa and tomatillo salsa. Cory and I had a lot of fun making the meal together. It pleased me to see lots of people serving themselves seconds (and thirds!) The night was a lot of fun.

Christmas morning was wonderful. Beatrice was very excited to come downstairs and see all of the presents. She was so cute, opening her gifts from Santa. At one point she commented "Santa knows just what I like."

After present opening we went off to Cory's grandmother's and then to my aunt's. It was a really special day.




I hope your day was filled with laughter, joy, and merriment.

No comments:

Post a Comment