Monday, October 31, 2011

Meal Planning



I found this Days of the Week chalkboard at the Christmas Tree Shop. Its perfect for meal planning because I don't have to remind Cory every night what's on the menu (Read the G-D blog!)

I clearly need to work on my penmanship skills.


So tonight we'll eat Chicken Soup. My mom sent some as it's our tradition to eat this every Halloween. I think I am working on 25 years and counting (at least.)

Here is the recipe for the Butternut Squash Lasagna.

Here is the recipe for the Chicken Pot Pie. My friend Jessica made me a chicken pot pie when she came to visit us after I gave birth. Don't think I haven't thought about canceling Thursday's procedure just for another chance at that heavenly homemade pot pie.

Friday my mama will play Nurse Nightingale and bring us dinner since I'll be home recovering. She is really playing up this surgery. She lives for this shit. Yesterday we were over her house since we were without power. She had a big tree limb down in her backyard. I told her that my brother and Cory and I could move it. Just then my other brother showed up so now there were 3 men there to do it. He was in a rush so said he'd come back tomorrow to do it alone. I told my mom that it was fine, I could chip in and do it. My mother in typical overreacting Portuguese mother mode, violently screamed at my brother, "Your sister is having surgery this week. How dare you ask her to move trees right now." My brother and I busted out laughing. You would have thought my brother told me to get out there and move a tree just minutes after coming out of anaesthesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment