Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Feel the Burn

Once a week I train with a couple of other ladies at my gym. We have an awesome trainer who makes the hour go by relatively quickly. There is one lady who sometimes joins our session. She's what I like to call a 'canter.' No matter what exercise we're doing, there's always some reason she can't do it (shin splints, rotator cuff, stomach ache, hangnail... you know the type.) I don't really know why it annoys me. She's the one basically wasting money by not getting the most out of her workout but it still totally bugs me. And oh ya, she's a 'miscounter' too. For all of our exercises we have to do 20 repetitions. I actually counted her reps today, she petered out around 14 or 15. No one likes a cheater.

Today we did a new exercise, something our trainer saw on Biggest Loser last night. So it started with interval speed training on the treadmill for 6 minutes. Then we jumped off and stood in back of the treadmill with our backs to it, holding a 25 lb weight. We had to squat 20 times, each time touching our rear ends to the treadmill base. We had to do that circuit twice.

Ugh, I don't think I can get up out of this chair the rest of the day. Please send a bedpan.

No comments:

Post a Comment