Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gas Mask

I'm not going to dwell on all of the reasons why I didn't have time to post this week. Instead I will give you a snippet of my day today.

  • Theo woke up to eat at 3:00, then was back up at 5:00. He would not settle down and cried until 5:30. Just as he settled down, Beatrice started crying. So I've basically been awake since 3:00.
  • Later this morning, we had an energy audit done on our house through the MassSave program. The guy was very thorough. Along with changing out all of our bulbs (BTW- the new energy saver bulbs are much better than the ones of the past. They are not annoyingly dim. Well, they are when you first switch them on but they illuminate very quickly.) So the guy checked all sorts of stuff, including the ancient boiler in the basement. We've know we need to replace it but are just waiting on a second estimate since its a big ticket item. Lo and behold, he tested the boiler and it is emitting sick levels of carbon monoxide. Luckily we've only turned the heat on once for a couple of hours (and no detectors went off, hmm.) Anyhow by law the guy had to call the gas company. The gas guy scurried over and quickly detected the elevated levels. Once they detect levels that high, they shut your shit off. Great. That's what I get for trying to be all green and energy efficient. Let's hope the plumber gets here before the snow comes! Carbon monoxide is a bitch.
  • Just as I closed the door on the energy audit fiasco and headed back up to my office, I got another knock on the door. This time it was the former owner of our house. He just wanted to stop by to see the house. And to talk for an hour and a half.
  • Then Beatrice came home and refused to take a bath, crying, throwing a hissy fit, then pissing herself on the kitchen floor. That sentence reads like I'm talking about a dog.
  • I was pretty annoyed with her until later in the evening when she muttered "Oh my MG", as in OMG. Cory asked her who taught her that saying and she said "grandma." Pretty sure the phrase, "OMG" has never passed my 60 year old mother-in-law's lips.

Here's to hoping tomorrow is less crazy. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment