I have a to-do list the length of my arm but I am procrastinating. I have yet to really embrace the whole back to work thing. So I shall blog instead. And in the interest of time, I will bullet list the shit of this post.
- I think I'm becoming a Gleek. I know I am about a year behind on this trend but I happened to catch a couple of episodes lately and it's cute. There, I said it. I don't care, judge me.
- Speaking of TV, I just caught an episode of American Pickers on the History Channel. It's right up my alley.
- Again speaking of TV, what is up with the new season of Kate+8? Why is Kate dressing like such a ho. I did see the cover of People had a story about her new body. It's a bit much to take your kids school shopping in a plunging halter top and hooker high heels. I know, green is not a good color on me.
- After reading the first wedding recap, I realize most of it had to do with debauchery and bodily fluids. Perhaps I should hit on the niceties of the weekend. The location- Camden, ME is beautiful. That whole area of Maine is gorgeous. We will definitely be back, next time with more time on our hands and less hangovers. And we'll definitely be stopping at all of the antiques shops and flea markets on the way. Oysters- One of the groomsman's family owns a commercial oyster fishery on the Cape. He brought a boatload of oysters for cocktail hour. Ironically, while in Wellfleet 2 summers ago, I kept trying to enjoy the raw oysters they are famous for but couldn't take a liking. This time around, I found the enjoyment that so many speak of. I think I ate a dozen. Then on our anniversary, Cory and I ate a dozen more. We can't be stopped.
- We went apple picking this past weekend. It was 75 and humid. Maybe next year we should plan for an actual Fall day. We were in the Macintosh apple section for a while (my mom likes those to make pies.) I am not a huge Mac fan so I didn't eat any. While we were waiting for the hay ride, I figured I should eat an apple... you know, when in Rome. I bit into a juicy, bright red Macintosh apple only to find a rotted out worm hole in it. Ick.
- Cory's grandmother is wheelchair bound. About 6 years ago she had to have her leg amputated after a horrible bike accident (bicycle not motorcycle). Lately Beatrice has been noticing that Nanny isn't built like the rest of us. A couple of weeks ago, she asked Nanny where her other sneaker was. Then last night she dove right in after our hello's- "Nanny, where's your other leg?" Nothing like getting right to the point.
- Yesterday I took a chance and brought the kids to Wal-Mart to make a return and grab a couple of things. I know, I have balls to attempt that at 4:30 or really any time of the day with 2 kids. While at customer service returning my item, I looked over at the entrance where there was a commotion. It was Shaquille O'Neil doing some last minute shopping before hitting Training Camp. People were pretty good about not totally mobbing him or going too crazy. Everyone except the Wal-Mart employee waiting on me. She shrieked, literally dropped my receipt, and ran out the door after him to get his picture. For real, just left me there at the counter. Gotta love Wal-mart. That wasn't the best part of the ordeal though. The best part was this conversation I had with a guy:
Man: "That looks like Shaq."
Me: "Yup, that's him."
Man: "No, it don't make no sense. It ain't even basketball season and he don't even live up here."
Me: "He got traded to the Celtics. They start camp soon."
Man: "Really, he got traded!? No, that's not him."
Me: "Ya, you're probably right."
I think that's all for now. Off to get some work done.