Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fine Dining

Last week we finally received our farm kitchen table. David Ellison of Lorimer Workshop built it for us. It was even more spectacular than I could have imagined!

I first heard of his work on Apartment Therapy. I quickly bookmarked the link, hoping to one day be able to fit such a table into my home.

David was a pleasure to work with. Everything he makes is custom and from reclaimed or salvaged wood. And for a small fee, he delivers and sets it up in your home. This was particularly important for us since we have an uneven brick floor in our dining area.

Below are some photos.

He sends photos of the stain. You can adjust it as you wish.




We had him engrave the underside of the table. I hope this becomes a family heirloom. I can just hear Beatrice and Theo 60 years from now:
"You have to take the table."
"No, you take it."
"What the hell am I gonna do with a 10 foot table."
"Fine, we'll sell it at the yard sale."

And here is the finished product.



If you want to see more of David, take a look at this Etsy video about his workshop: http://www.etsy.com/storque/handmade-life/process-farm-tables-with-david-ellison-7156/

No comments:

Post a Comment