Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye


World Cup, I will miss thee. I think I've watched about 95% of the games, including the one on the morning I delivered Theo. It's been a nice distraction while feeding the baby or wrangling the toddler.
This afternoon will be the last hurrah, the final game(Spain vs. Netherlands.) It should be a great game. I will shed a tear and pour a cold one out for the end of a great month of soccer.

When the winners hold their trophy up high, I may pull out my State Champs medal. Yes, yours truly was once a Cup winner, well at least in the State of Massachusetts.

P.S. I am currently tied for second in our pool. I don't think there's any way I can mathematically beat the front runner but I have beaten Cory (currently in 6th place) so that's all that matters. I am struggling over which team to pick as the winner. Spain or Netherlands, Spain or Netherlands, Spain or Netherlands...Heads or Tails? Spain's players are hotter. I'll use that methodology, though it did bite me in the ass with Portugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment