Friday, May 14, 2010

9 By Design

I love the show, 9 By Design, on Bravo. It's a show about Cortney and Robert Novogratz, owners of Sixx Design, designing and selling high-end homes while raising seven kids. I am digging it much more than Real Housewives of NYC or NJ for that matter. I did love me some Housewives last year but it's so much more scripted and forced this year (as is the case with any second or third season of a reality show.) And don't even get me started on how those NY bitches ruined the peaceful, calm waters of St. John by blathering away with their nonsense.

Anyhow, the 9 By Design show, is fantastic, though the father (a Quentin Tarantino-like hipster) is a bit annoying and immature. And I don't quite care for their child naming practices (Bellamy, Tallulah, Five). But to each is own says the mother of a Beatrice.

The best part of the show is seeing their designs take shape. Their aesthetic is freakin' amazing. I don't make Cory watch it but I do tell him all about the rooftop basketball courts, sick flea market finds, photo wallpapers, use of reused and reclaimed materials, and the crazy price tags for their homes.

Here's a good article that sums up another reason why I like the show. They seem somewhat normal (i.e. dysfunctional like the rest of us.)

1 comment: