Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How to Blow Your 1 & 1/2 Year Old's Mind: Part 2

We've previously explored Beatrice's love affair with Arthur. Over the weekend, we were in Building 19 (maybe my favorite junk store on the planet, a close second to Ocean State Job Lot) and she was running around like a madwoman touching everything in sight. At one point, I spotted her struggling with one of the eye-level displays. I came beside her and knelt down, sensing she had found something that met her fancy. She was grabbing and struggling to pull out a poster buried behind some nondescript ones. She found these cardboard bulletin board characters:

Later that day, while she was napping, I busted out the hot glue gun, some cardboard, and put my sister to work.
Once we had all of the characters on their braces, we set them up in the living room. When Beatrice awoke from her nap, I told her there was a surprise for her in the living room.
She immediately ran from her room into the living room, marveling at her life-sized friends.
Then she quickly gathered them all up, handed them to my sister, and sat in front of her, waiting for Isabel to put on a puppet show. In the past couple of days, we have done a lot of Arthur and Friends role playing. She even got my neighbor, Bob, into it. He did an Emmy-award winning skit where Arthur swears off booze but Francine convinces him to get back on the party wagon. Classic.

1 comment: