Friday, August 14, 2009

Randomata

I cannot deliver a cohesive post today so here's a mishmash of what's on my mind.

  • This morning at the gym, I was watching some footage of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver funeral. I saw some of the eulogy that her son delivered. We should all be so lucky to have our children speak as highly of us when we pass. He talked about how she taught him to to serve others, share love, and be a good person. Really, if that's all you impart in your children, you've succeeded. And poor Teddy. The showed footage of him being driven around Hyannis in that SUV, looking all Weekend at Bernie's.
  • I chopped my hair off today. Well, I didn't do it myself. I paid someone a lot of money to do it.



  • This afternoon I participated in one of those conversations where you're asking yourself, "Did I just hear her say that?" I was making small talk with a 20 something woman. She points to her leopard stilletto and comments that her puppy ate the heel off. At this point I should probably mention that she is dressed from head to toe like she's ready to hit the club. And god bless her little heart but she really had no business wearing anything that tight day or night. To be polite, I ask her what kind of puppy she has. She kind of grimaces and goes, "The bad kind... a pit bull." But don't you worry, she reports that he's really good with her 3 year old. Except he's frisky. Just last night he drank her full cup of Bacardi and Juice and then was up all night wanting to play. I'm struggling with which call to make first... the MSPCA or Child Protective Services?
  • Cory's cousin's wife had a baby this week. I can't wait to visit him. I'm a little alarmed at how I've become one of those women that screeches at the sight of a newborn. This latest baby is his grandmother's 9th great-grandchild! I can only hope for that one day.
  • We're struggling through Season 3 of The Wire. Not loving Season 3. Hoping for better with Season 4.
  • My back is moist.

Hope you all have great weekends.

5 comments:

  1. I love your hair!!!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cut....looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the hair!! Looks better in person too, good choice!!! And I love the shower curtian back drop too : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. Hair looks great! Maybe your swamp back will dry faster without the hair blocking the air!

    ReplyDelete