Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

I've been bitten by the craft bug. For the past month or so I've been changing/adding/removing things around our house. I have a long post on that but I need to upload the photos so that's to come. I know... you're on the edge of your seats.

In the meantime, I've been bookmarking a bunch of other projects I've found online. I love when fellow bloggers post detailed instructions. It's so nice!

I am loving this cardigan/jacket I saw on orangebeautiful.com. Its a bit ambitious but I might give it a shot. This tutorial on mightygoods.com offered some additional great tips. I have lots of extra material from other projects that would work great for this. I think I even have some satin from my wedding train (I didn't use the detachable train.)

I also love these key holders on designsponge.com. We have these cute key holders but they're not very convenient for grabbing your keys on the run (you have to delicately turn them out of the openings).

Maybe I'll start a project this weekend. In my fantasy life I would retreat down to my workshop for hours on end. I could spend days without food or sleep in Martha Stewart's craft room.



P.S. Ever wonder what the hell once bitten twice shy even means? According to UsingEnglish.com: If somebody is said to be once bitten twice shy, it means that someone who has been hurt or who has had something go wrong will be far more careful the next time. Learn something new every day. Great White, you were wise beyond your years. Click here for the rest of the lyrics and the video.

1 comment:

  1. I just threw up in my mouth, that craft attic is amazing! One day, one day...

    ReplyDelete