Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Monthly Give- April 2009


I've been trying to get back into doing something charitable at least once a month. I was doing better with this last year but haven't been as committed in 2009. In the past, I've collected goods from my generous family and friends for Project Just Because, Birthday Wishes, St. Patrick's Manor, and local families durings the holidays. While these are all great causes, I think now is a tough time to be asking people to buy and donate goods. There are other, smaller ways to help out.

Throughout the years, I've baked sweet treats for my local Salvation Army's Miracle Kitchen. (Special thanks to my mother-in-law for telling me about this.) I want to get better about doing this at least once a month. I'm not saving lives but I hope it sweetens someone's otherwise tough day.
Tonight I made spice cake cupcakes. So if you have extra baking goods laying around... get to it, Betty Crockers. You can find your local Salvation Army here. Be sure to check if they have a Soup Kitchen and accept home-made goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment