Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall Firsts

Had lots of firsts last week.

Beatrice's first day of Pre-K (4-5 yr old classroom)
Bea is attending the same school she went to last year so the 'first day jitters' were non-existant. Her teacher is awesome. The kind of gal that's been doing this thang for about 20 years and is no-nonsense with the kids.


First lost tooth:  I think I was more worked up about this ordeal than my girl. Bea is typically the analytical, worry-wart kind of kid. This whole tooth thing was a breeze. She never ceases to amaze me. Or give me anxiety-induced diarrhea. The things I think are gonna be huge deals blow over like nothing, then the things I'm not prepared for become freakin' Mt. Vesuvius. It's the unpredictability of it all that makes parenting such a bitch. 

First Day of Sunday Football:  Celebrated in tandem with our very own, Dinky's, 33 birthday. Lobstahs all around.  I had about 3 bites because my kids are lobster freaks. (I know, First World Problems...)Beatrice and I also celebrated this holiday by taking a trip to the Mall. We hit up Lululemon, then the American Girl Doll store. Doesn't get more White-Suburbanite than that. The only thing that would have made it more stereotypical would have been pizza and salads at California Pizza Kitchen. Or PF Chang's if we were feeling 'ethnic.'


I realize that my poor lil Theo is missing from this post. Shout out to my boy.

He's Beatrice's real life doll (a la Richard Pryor's The Toy.)

Zoolander

No comments:

Post a Comment