Thursday, November 4, 2010

Try Something New- November 2010


This week I resurrected last year's short-lived Try Something New Project. A couple of nights ago, I kicked off November with a Zumba class at my gym. A good idea in theory. Supposedly you dance your buns off and sweat and don't even know you're doing cardio. The catch is that this theory includes a participant who must have rhythm and/or the ability to put two dance steps together. For those people that say, "You don't even have to know how to dance to do Zumba" you are full of shit.

Things started off OK then got challenging when the chubby Indian guy showed up about 10 minutes late and parked himself directly in front of me. I was having a hard enough time concentrating on the mambo moves but all rules flew out the window when I saw my man get down to that song that goes "Shorty got low, low, low, low..." The best part of the class came during cool down when we busted out to "I'm Too Sexy," sashaying to the front of the room then moon-walking to the back. My man did this with such rhythm, all the while mouthing into the mirror "I'm too sexy." I think I'm in love.

The next day I was telling my Fat Camp participants about it and one of the gals asked if he was in the class. She had been in the class a month earlier with him and he had to be taken out by the EMTs. I'd say he has come a long way.

So, sufficed to say, this Zumba craze is not for me but I am glad I tried it once. Never again. This body is not meant to move that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment