Monday, May 24, 2010

Gone Birdin'

If ever I questioned that notion that women "nest" before the arrival of their offspring, this weekend cemented my belief in that madness. I was a madwomen, going a mile a minute, from the minute I woke up Saturday until right now. At some point during the weekend I did say to my patient husband, "Listen, I know I am being an insane person right now. Just go with it. "

It doesn't help that with every task crossed off the to-do list, another gets added. Then there's things that don't even make the list like organizing my belt drawer. What, you don't have a belt drawer? And not to worry, the irony is not lost on me. I haven't worn a belt in about 8 months and probably won't for about that long post-partum. But I have a damn neat belt drawer should I need to find one in a jiffy.

Off to finish painting the kitchen cabinets. And I think there's a closet re-org that has my name on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment